Salle Paul Fencing Club and Bordeaux Etudiants Club agreed to formally twin the two clubs in April 2015. This agreement sets out the nature of the twinning arrangement to the benefit of both clubs and their respective members.
The principle aim of twinning, is to provide mutual support in terms of athlete and coach exchange to give fencers and coaches from each club the widest possible opportunities to compete and train together.
The clubs both agree to:
1. Reference each other’s club as a partner on their websites;
2. Advertise each other’s camps and competitions to their respective memberships and the wider fencing community in France and Great Britain as appropriate;
3. Facilitate homestays between Salle Paul athletes and Bordeaux Etudiants’ fencing community.
4. Provide fencer exchange opportunities;
5. Provide advice and assistance on travel and accommodation;
6. Offer discounts for each other’s fencers attending training camps organised by the clubs;
7. Where possible, to provide coaching opportunities at training camps organised at the Leon Paul Fencing Centre;
8. To look for opportunities to further the enjoyment and development of fencers and coaches between the two clubs.
About the Bordeaux Etudiants Club: The club is very welcoming and dynamic and its administration is open to new ideas. It maintains a tradition of excellence (the club has had produced many Olympic medalists) and its fencers train in a stunning gym with old stone vaults and a newly renovated floor. The Head Coach at BEC is Dimitri Audren. Sebastien Dos Santos is in charge of the epee program and is the contact person for visiting athletes. For more info, go to: http://www.bec-escrime.fr/