The Salle Paul’s Junior Club is for 8-12 year old boys and girls who are either complete beginners or have had only a little introduction to the sport. Children will learn how to fence correctly and safely using size 0 metal foils and full protective equipment, taking them to a confident level where they can enjoy sparring and training with others. They will also learn simple refereeing techniques and enjoy being part of Salle Paul’s Junior Club.
They will learn:
- How to fence correctly and safely
- To be more confident and enjoy sparring and training with others
- Simple refereeing techniques
They will need:
- to wear long track bottoms of heavy-weight cotton (thin track bottoms or leggings do not provide sufficient protection).
- To bring a water bottle. Fencing is thirsty work! There is a water fountain at the fencing centre but we recommend that children bring a re-fillable water bottle, clearly marked with their name.
- Some children might like to bring a small hand-towel and a change of t-shirt.
What will the children get ?
The cost of £50 per month includes one group session of 90 minutes each week on a set day. We also offer a Junior Club Plus membership which allows fencers to take part in three of these sessions a week, this costs £60 per month. Full safety kit and all tuition is included, although children should buy their own breeches and long socks. As soon as they are committed to fencing, we encourage them to buy their own foils and bodywires and to start building up their own kit. In addition of enjoying being part of Salle Paul’s Junior Club, the children will get Certificates and achievement badges. Salle Paul Junior Club beginners work through the British Fencing Achievement Awards: Level 1 to Level 3. This rewards the assimilation of the basis of fencing.
What are the session times ?
The Junior Club meets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6.30-8.00PM. Our new beginner course is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5.30-7.00pm. Existing fencers are welcome to join the club subject to space availability.
How to book ?
Courses start termly but Salle Paul is open throughout the holidays when more space may become available in some sessions. Children can start mid-term subject to space in the classes. To book a taster session or enquire about spaces, please email firstname.lastname@example.org