The Salle Paul’s Junior Club is for 8-12 year old boys and girls who are either complete beginners or have had only a little introduction to the sport. Children will learn how to fence correctly and safely using size 0 metal foils and full protective equipment, taking them to a confident level where they can enjoy sparring and training with others. They will also learn simple refereeing techniques and enjoy being part of Salle Paul’s Junior Club.
They will learn:
- How to fence correctly and safely
- To be more confident and enjoy sparring and training with others
- Simple refereeing techniques
They will need:
- to wear long track bottoms of heavy-weight cotton (thin track bottoms or leggings do not provide sufficient protection).
- To bring a water bottle. Fencing is thirsty work! There is a water fountain at the fencing centre but we recommend that children bring a re-fillable water bottle, clearly marked with their name.
- Some children might like to bring a small hand-towel and a change of t-shirt.
What will the children get ?
In addition of enjoying being part of Salle Paul’s Junior Club, the children will get Certificates and achievement badges. Salle Paul Junior Club beginners work through the British Fencing Achievement Awards: Level 1 to Level 3. This rewards the assimilation of the basis of fencing.
What are the session times ?
The Junior Club meets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6.30-8.00PM.
How to book ?
Courses start termly but Salle Paul is open throughout the holidays when more space may become available in some sessions. Children can start mid-term subject to space in the classes. To book a taster session or enquire about spaces, please email firstname.lastname@example.org