Children’s beginner fencing courses
Salle Paul Fencing Club welcomes boys and girls from 5+ years of age.
BOOK NOW to join our new children’s taster sessions: 16th, 23rd or 30th August 2016 at 6.30-7.15pm for 8-12 years, 18th, 25th August or 1st September 2016 at 5.30-6.15pm for 5-7 years.
Taster sessions are a great way for children to try out our fantastic Olympic sport of fencing before signing up for a course. Email email@example.com to pre-book. Tasters cost just £10 per child.
Beginner course starts Tuesday 6th September 2016, 6.30-8.00pm
Our beginner course is the perfect way to introduce your child to fencing in a fun, safe environment. The course is suitable for children aged 8-12 who have either never fenced, or who have had only a short introductory or taster session. Over the course of twelve weeks, children will learn how to fence correctly and safely, taking them to a confident level where they can enjoy sparring and training with others. For children aged 5-7 we have a special Spartan mini-fence group with plastic foils, masks and bibs to introduce them to the sport. New Spartan beginners can join our Thursday class, 5.30-6.30pm.
Beginner teenagers of 13-17 and those doing Duke of Edinburgh awards, are invited to learn alongside our existing adult beginner/novice group on Wednesdays from 7.00-8.30pm (subject to space availability and dates). Generally this age group are better coordinated than younger beginners and pick up the sport quite quickly working with one of our Senior Foil coaches. The cost of these sessions is just £45 per month including all kit and tuition but as Juniors, once they have built up their basic fencing skills, teenage fencers can fence on any of our training nights and enjoy practicing with existing fencers in any of our group sessions.
Children will also learn simple refereeing techniques and enjoy being part of Salle Paul’s Junior Club.
- Fencing is a safe sport conducted under supervision and with appropriate protective clothing.
- Salle Paul Fencing Club provides full equipment and approved clothing that meets the standards set by the sport’s national governing body.
- Salle Paul Fencing Club is registered with, and insured by, British Fencing, Club Number 4291.
- All Salle Paul coaches are qualified, have been accredited by England Fencing, have a current First Aid certificate, have attended a Child Protection Course and hold a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate issued by BF.
Salle Paul’s Junior Representative & Child Welfare Officer is Dr. Clare Halsted, Board Member of British Fencing
Good to know
- Groups are limited to not more than 12 children per coach.
- We provide all fencing kit so there is no need to buy anything.
- Children need to wear suitable trainers, t-shirt and long trousers (heavy-weight cotton track bottoms are preferable). Everything else is provided.
- Children’s beginner courses start on a regular basis. The cost is £36 per month for 8-12s, £30 for 5-7s. All kit and tuition included.
To sign up, just contact us with the name and ge of your child.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org